FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Contact: Robert Nugent, Lawrence Transit System, (785) 832-3464 or Danny Kaiser, KU Parking & Transit, (785) 864-7275
Public invited to attend meetings about proposed transit changes
(Lawrence, Kan.) – The City of Lawrence and The University of Kansas will hold three public meetings to discuss proposed changes to the bus service for next year. The public is invited to attend. The meeting schedule is as follows:
- 5-7 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 15, Building 1, Douglas County Fairgrounds,
2110 Harper Street.
- 4-6 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 16, Malott Room, Kansas Union, University of Kansas.
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Friday, February 17, Lawrence Transit Administrative Office, 933 New Hampshire Street.
Proposed modifications include changes to three city routes, three KU routes, a new coordinated route, and a revision to the downtown transfer location.
- Route 3: Major change—Flex service all day.
- Route 5: Minor changes to routing and timing.
- Route 6: Minor changes to routing and timing.
- Route 19: New route proposed to connect southwest Lawrence to campus.
- Route 30x: Discontinue route.
- Route 32: Major changes to routing and timing.
- Route 36: Major changes to routing and timing.
- Route 38: Minor changes to routing.
- Return downtown hub to 9th & Massachusetts.
For those who are not able to attend one of the meetings, comments can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, submitted on the web at www.lawrencetransit.org/pages/feedback, or by mail at Lawrence Transit System, PO Box 708, Lawrence, KS 66044. Comments will be accepted until Friday, March 2. For more information, call (785) 832-3464.
If you do not want to receive any more messages, [UNSUBSCRIBE]
To update your preferences and to unsubscribe visit [PREFERENCES]
Forward a Message to Someone [FORWARD]