FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Contact: Robert Nugent, Lawrence Transit System, (785) 832-3464 OR Danny Kaiser, KU Parking & Transit, (785) 864-7275
Transit service changes effective August 1; two new routes added
(Lawrence, Kan.) – City and university bus systems will implement their annual service changes on Wednesday, Aug. 1. Service changes are intended to improve access to the city and campus, adjust service frequency, and make the best use of resources available.
“The two goals of our service changes this year include providing service to new areas and creating a connection between the two campuses in town,” said Robert Nugent, Transit Administrator. “There will be a direct link between Haskell Indian Nations University and the University of Kansas.”
Route 27 travels between the KU and Haskell. It also serves the neighborhoods near 25th and Alabama and 19th and Louisiana. The route runs every 40 minutes.
Route 29 travels between 27th and Wakarusa and the University of Kansas. It serves stops along Clinton Parkway. The route runs every 20 minutes.
Both new routes operate Monday through Friday while KU is in session, except holidays and breaks. They will run from approximately 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. In addition to the two new routes, changes were made to the service area and schedules of several existing routes.
An overview of this year's service changes is as follows:
- Route 3: Major change—Flex service all day.
- Route 5: Minor changes to routing and timing.
- Route 6: Minor changes to routing and timing.
- Route 27: New route serving the University of Kansas to Haskell Indian Nations University.
- Route 29: New route serving 27th and Wakarusa to the University of Kansas.
- Route 30x: Service discontinued.
- Route 32: (Renamed 33.) Major changes to routing and timing.
- Route 36: Major changes to routing and timing.
- Route 38: Minor changes to routing.
More details are available in the new printed Transit Guide, which includes route and schedule information for both city and university bus routes. Guides are available on buses, at City Hall, grocery stores, and across the KU campus. To get help planning a route or for more information, visit www.lawrencetransit.org or call (785) 864-4644.
If you do not want to receive any more messages, [UNSUBSCRIBE]
To update your preferences and to unsubscribe visit [PREFERENCES]
Forward a Message to Someone [FORWARD]